Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

My little one is ONE.

We passed this day
in an ordinary way.

He didn't seem to mind.

Food. Walk. Playground. Beach.
Mama. Brother. Daddy.
What more does a one-year old
want?

I can almost not remember him
then
then
and now he can wear a 1 shirt.

He can climb, communicate
(with grunts)
melt me.

He cuddles against us.
Especially Makili.
Melts me.
Like a popsicle actually eaten
one lick at a time
(which Makili actually does)

He's blond now. Willful. Adorable.
Very ticklish.
Wants anything we have - food
toys.

Likes a joke. Chooses when to listen.
Loves balls, balloons, vrooming
the cars. SWINGS.

Goes down slides head-first
by himself. Cries.
Does it again.
and Again.
I see my Remick in this face
but can almost not remember
this face either.
My baby days are ticking away.
This also melts me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice little "poem" he is so cute, he will melt the girls hearts when he gets older