It has already been a week! Hard to believe. A week ago I was nursing a tiny Remick, bedbound with IVs, foot things, catheters, the works, but Happy. Though we're still getting to know little Remick, I have to say that he is one mellow fellow. Here are some things about his week in our world, things I've noticed, things I'm fascinated by.
- I love how his dark hair looks like a hurricane (the doppler image), swirling around.
- I LOVE how he lays and looks around happy, happy, happy at the world around him for hours.
- He barks like a puppy when unhappy, though it also sounds like a girly scream
- He was born with little elfin ears, which are now almost normal. At first though, they were flat at the tops and laid flat against his head.
- He tolerates his brother's doting admirably.
- He LOVES music. On the few occassions when he is really fussy, I can turn on some Paul Simon on the computer and it knocks him out.
- He is attentive to noise in general, though seems to be able to tune out his brother's frequent screaming excitement.
- He LOVES warm baths at Daddy's hands.
- He is a mama's boy. He likes me. (In contrast to Makili who didn't seem to care for me in particular and screamed no matter who was holding him.)
- He already has a poop face like Makili, which I think is hilarious.
- He likes sleeping with Daddy (his mom likes this too and since Raph can't walk, at least he is doing something useful.)
I am smitten with this little boy. I can't believe how totally in love with him I am. He is so mellow and so sweet. I can't wait to see his personality unfold, to see the shape of our family come into focus.