Monday, October 24, 2011

My culinary adventures this season

I made two things recently that were new experiments. I was proud of both. first I made homemade ketchup, which is very time consuming, but totally worth it. To be honest, you have to strain it to get the "normal" ketchup, and I ended up eating the stuff I strained out too as "thick" ketchup. I made enough to freeze, and for us each to have our own little bowl with grilled cheese and sweet potato fries. Yum.


And then I cooked a bunch of lemon verbena in a simple syrup to use with seltzer water for some fancy drinks. I loved the smell, but I couldn't handle the sweetness of the drinks. Raph and other seemed to like it, but I felt like it was something new and interesting to try. And amazingly, we did drink almost a whole jar of the stuff.


No comments: