Monday, March 29, 2010

On Vacation


We've had a terrific trip so far. I survived the plane rides with two kids by myself, which felt like an accomplishement. We had a terrific weekend with my Dad before he had to go back to work, and for all of my parents' friends who read this blog, they made a BIG purchase this weekend - an RV! It was a great deal and I think that means they might come stay with us more often! Here's to hoping anyway. (Technically it isn't official yet. My mom wanted me to put in a disclaimer.)

The only bummers of the trip are that my mom was sick yesterday (though she is feeling better today) and Remick decided to resort to his infant sleeping schedule for the first few days we were here, which totally kicked my ass! But he did a bit better last night, so hopefully he'll do okay tonight. We fly back tomorrow and won't get in until like 11 or something. That should be lots of fun with two kids! But I'm thankful to get to see my family for as long as possible, so I'll take it...

Anyway, a few more shots from this weekend, and I'll post a few more when I get around to downloading them...

This guy is CONSTANTLY grazing on the floor. He desperately wants to eat ALL. THE. TIME!



Makili loves having a full-time playmate (or multiple as the case was this weekend!)
Learning to jump rope with the neighbors...


Got to spend a bit of time on a beautiful day with one of my oldest friends, Laurie and her boyfriend Jeff. Her mom is dying from liver cancer, which deeply saddens me and stirs up countless memories from my childhood. Kathy is such an special person, so full of joy and so quick to laugh. She taught me to love the woods, and the outdoors (alongside my parents of course.) She loves birds and tea and all things English. Sharing a part of her life was like peeking into a chest of your grandmother's jewelry - so many unique and beautiful and deeply personal things. I treasure the time that I spent with her as a child and I am sad for my friend and her family as they watch their mom slip away.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

hehe your kids are so cute. xD