Sunday, February 24, 2008

My mom's middle name should be FARKEL

My mom is visiting while Raph is away so that I don't lose my mind. I laugh a lot when my mom is around, mostly with her, but occasionally she says something funny, like today we were making soup with fresh rosemary and thyme. She looks at the recipe and looks at me and says "these recipes always say to remove the leaves, but I think they're so flavorful!" Yeah. All these years she's been removing the leaves, finely chopping the twigs, and adding them to our food. Who knew?

She also brought an awesome game, which I highly recommend. It's name is Farkel. Farkeling is actually not a good thing - it means to cancel out your score for the turn, like pigging out in pass the pigs. I beat her in two straight games tonight. No luck involved. All strategy and guts. Woo hoo...

No comments: